About three-quarters of all astronauts that spend time on the International Space Station (ISS) end up with changes in their vision, which is actually due to structural changes in their eyes themselves. And those changes are actually due to changes in the way fluids move in their bodies while in space.
This great video from NASA tells the whole story:
Thanks to the Science at NASA YouTube channel for this great video!
Now, Check Out:
- How Growing Zinnia Flowers on the Space Station Relates to Deep-Space Food Production
- This Deadly Flower is New to Science
- Space Cups Give Astronauts a Reminder of Home [Video]
- Here’s How Scientists Could Detect Gravitational Waves Using Pulsars
- Is our Milky Way galaxy a zombie, already dead and we don’t know it?